Mercenary Ambush!

As I made it clear from the start I am awful for starting a new project before I have finished the last as I have demonstrated with this blog so far! So The weekend just gone (12th and 13th of May) I along with some friends attended Warhammer Fest at the Ricoh arena in Coventry […]

As I made it clear from the start I am awful for starting a new project before I have finished the last as I have demonstrated with this blog so far!

So The weekend just gone (12th and 13th of May) I along with some friends attended Warhammer Fest at the Ricoh arena in Coventry and as soon as we got into the arena made a beeline for the Forgeworld shop to pick up some Goblin Mercenaries.

I have been looking forward to there since I picked up the There and Back again book on its release and so we really pleased that the cost was only £40 for a captain and 12 goblin mercs.

Me and James did actually discuss getting some washing up liquid to wash our models in the hotel sink and build them that night! though we decided against it and I instead was able to wait until I got home Sunday evening.

Photo 13-05-2018, 6 52 23 pm

After giving them a wash in warm soapy water and a scrub with a tooth brush to make sure there was no mould release on them, I went through and build both boxes of them. they are really lovely models and with the heads, arms and weapons separate you can make a good mix of models without any of them looking the same.

Photo 13-05-2018, 11 58 07 pm

I am looking to get these painted as soon as possible so I can get them into my legion army and so I have listed my steps below and will continue to update them until they are finished.

Painting the Goblin Mercs:

The first thing I did was put a pin in each of their legs and pin them to a cork for ease, it will also help me when I come to put them on the Generationshift92 bases to match the rest of my army.

Step 1: I sprayed the models using citadel corax white.

Step 2: I washed all the flesh areas of the models using Reikland Fleshshade

Step 3: I gave a light dry brush to all the skin areas with Wrack White or Praxeti White (Will check when i get home)

Step 4: I painted all the metal areas with leadbelcher.

Step 5: I painted all the cloth, wood and leather areas with mournfang brown.

Step 6: I painted bone and teeth with Zandri dust.

Step 7: I washed all the cloth, wood, bone, teeth and metal areas with Agrax Earthshade

Step 8: I drybrushed all the metal with Necron Compound.

Step 9: I went over the cloth, bone and wood with a layer of the original colour leaving the wash in the recessed areas.

At this point i was happy to start using them in games so i fixed them to the generationshift bases and added the snow effect. I will do a post soon on how I do my bases for this army as whenever I add to it, I am constantly going back through my phone to find the photos.

One day I will come back and edge highlight them…… When my painting queue is smaller!

 

Photo 14-05-2018, 8 22 09 pm

Photo 14-05-2018, 11 24 02 pm

This is my progress so far. I will delete as appropriate as i get more painted and will eventually show the finished models. I am looking to get these done as soon as possible to use at a tournament in June.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s